Monday 29 October 2012

A Walk in the Park

Fall color in Central Park is beautiful right now.  For the past few days I have been enjoying the changing color from my balcony, overlooking Central Park, down Amsterdam Avenue, the roads leading toward the Hudson River:










Beautiful, huh?  So we knew that a big, big storm was coming.  You heard, right, Sandy?  Ring a bell?  I figured that Central Park might look a little different in the aftermath.  So we decided to take in all the fall color while it was still there.  It also happened to be the Pumpkin Fest this weekend.  Free pumpkins for those willing to brave the line (not us).  The color did not disappoint!



The Lake, Central Park
  This next photo is the line for the free pumpkins.  One guy saw this line and started saying right away to his wife "Oh, no!  No. No! NO!"   I last saw them walking to the line.  Of course.




Each  scene more beautiful than the last. . .








I will be interested in seeing how much of this is left after the 80 mph winds of Sandy barrel through.  Well, as with most good things, I think you need to take time out and enjoy them while you can.  I am glad we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment