Tuesday 11 September 2012

Anniversary

I have not run out of things to say about today, but I fear I might have run out of interesting things to say.  I have to walk a tightrope between being too trite and being too personal.  But leave it to Kiki to figure it all out.  She posted on her Facebook page today and I think it sums it up pretty nicely. 

"I don't think there will ever be a September 11th when I don't look at the date and immediately wish I was with my daddy to hug him and tell him how grateful I am to still have the ability to do so, when so many other daughters are looking at the calendar and feeling a loss that my family so narrowly escaped that morning eleven years ago. Never forget."

Pretty good, huh?  I think I will let Kiki and this photo taken from our apartment tonight of the memorial lights from the World Trade Center site speak for us today.







No comments:

Post a Comment